Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Cuckoo Bird


Here is what we do at Enactus; how we influence the lives of the communities we work with. The cuckoo bird is a symbolic representation of those we help in our journey. 


I crept along a cuckoo bird,
A broken wing and a gullible heart,
I took her in warm, gentle hands,
Until I ensured she could fly far.

I gave her a path, a path so bright,
To cast light where lay darkness’ might.
Sustenance and strong arms I gave her,
And a mighty heart to spread to others.

The bird built a nest for thousands to rest,
Added to nature’s serenity with few new lives,
Earned a living with dignity, respect,
From a dead end to a new world’s start.

I learnt to live, resolute and firm,
I learnt a lot more than I taught.
The bird’s made her nest and so have a thousand others,
But what sets her apart is her impact on a million brothers.

We all live, and we live long,
We all smile, smile that’s never gone,
Why not look back, grab those forgotten,
Adding droplets to this mighty Godly ocean.
God’s given us one chance, let’s make it count,
Spread goodwill and irrefutable warmth all across.
Lets end the dismay, let there be no more sorrow,
For a better living, and for a better tomorrow.

-Rohith GVSS


  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant piece of work Rohit!

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Enactus, Shri Ram College of Commerce
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com