Monday, October 28, 2013

Two: Kayakalp, Changing the hues


Part Two: Kayakalp


Puppeteers are an amazing community. They are very welcoming and very humble. They joke with you, try to know more about you. But when it comes to their work, their kala, they are very driven and passionate. They work magic with their strings, their puppets. You don’t just change their lives; they change your lives too.

 “Enactus has changed me a lot. Be it puppetry, my       language or my personality, I can feel the change.  When I first joined Kayakalp, I had only a basic idea  about puppet making and its manipulation. But since  then, I have polished my skills and now I myself can do  a show! Thank you Enactus SRCC for being associated  with us and I hope that we will continue to work  together.”

 – Raju Bhaiya

“It feels amazing to be associated with Enactus. Earlier, we had our art but we did not have any medium to showcase our art. You guys have recognised our talent and have publicised it as well. Thank you.” 

Ravi Bhaiya





It is just not about the change that has been brought about, but also the change that puppeteers think and feel can be brought about; the very hope for the future.


 “Being associated with Enactus is changing our thinking,  our work-style for the better. If this continues, we shall       surely become something. Even if not very huge, we will still  be someone worth mentioning.”

Deepak Bhaiya
 

“You guys have trained us a lot; our workshops have been very good. We have now worked even with Puran sir. Now I have the confidence that I can design my own production. This is something unique; I did not have this kind of confidence before. I look forward to the change.”
Sarju Bhaiya

Now as things wrap up with the Amar Singh Rathore show and Puran Bhatt productions, puppeteers have all learnt something that is invaluable. They all look forward to new shows, new productions and new horizons. As Puran sir puts forward in his own words:-


“The initiative that you have taken is commendable. It is beneficial both ways, for you and of course for the puppeteers. This is a huge opportunity for them to learn. You can also look into diversifying and reviving other art forms as well, Kathputli colony is full of them. You can combine them together, and all the artists will learn something. I wish you all the best.”

Puran Bhatt

We all look forward towards having years of successful relations ahead and reaching new heights in this project!

Next week we bring you the last part of the series, Azmat and the change. Keep watching this space for more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Enactus, Shri Ram College of Commerce
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com