Friday, January 18, 2013

Christmas Chronicles of Enactus, SRCC

The child to my left was a rather brave kid. And lucky me, he was also a bully. And I was his easy meat. The one to my right was an inquisitive little fellow.


In the festive season, I found myself watching the muppet adaptation of Charles Dickens’ 'A Christmas Carol'. For those who don’t know what “A Christmas Carol” is about – well, it’s a story of a miserly, cunning and cruel man called Scrooge, who doesn’t believe in Christmas or charity. He is haunted by the ghost of his former business partner, Marley who wants to mend Scrooge’s ways. Marley sends 3 spirits who take Scrooge to his past, present and his future and POOF! Scrooge is a changed man who now believes in charity and the spirit of Christmas.


The show was every child’s delight!  It was a very engaging play. As soon as the fascinating set was unveiled, everyone gasped in admiration. The kids trembled as Marley, from nowhere, called out to Scrooge. I kid you not; I held on to Dhriti and hid my face. The kid to my left very politely pointed at me and started laughing. I decided to feign bravery and sit up straight. Then came the ghost of Christmas past and he took Scrooge so suddenly at the speed of light and *BAM!* went the birthday cracker! Scrooge and the spirit disappeared and left our minds blown! It took me by surprise and before I knew it, I was hiding behind Dhriti again. Then came my favorite song, ‘Scrooge, Scrooge, Scrooge’. It’s been a month and that song is still stuck in my head. Quite like that chewing gum I found stuck under a desk one day. Just kidding :P. It wasn’t exactly the best song I’ve ever heard, but it’s like one of those songs from the Nirma commercials that just haunt you for life.


The mesmerizing storyline, crazy special effects and catchy songs ensured that I, along with everyone else in the auditorium had a blast!

-Jyotsna Mahajan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Enactus, Shri Ram College of Commerce
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com